The Journey Begins!
Friday, December 29, 2006
PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY!

The primary purpose of this blog is to expose my own weaknesses in my trading behavior. There is no better way to force conviction then to post it for all to see.

What's my trading style:
  • Directional System trader
  • Contrarian motivations
  • Technical analysis with fundamental toppings
What do I trade: (this may change)
  • 90% Options
  • 10% Stocks
Why do I trade: (this may change)
  • Eventual lifestyle change for family and loved ones
  • Constant Challenge in a always changing field
  • Probability and Math junkie that thrives on figuring out why things do the things they do
Do I use any software or subscription services?
  • ProfitSource - There are probably many people out there that think they have been swindled into buying this software, but my view is completely different. The software has limitless possibilities for back testing systems, and the interface is very intuitive. If you have a 30-day trial, you probably won't get the true feel of the software. For me, I started changing my view about the software after about 45-60 days. Be aware though, I was tweaking with the software an average of 30 hours a week. The bottom-line (I hate when people say that) is everyone has to make a judgement call as to what they think they need.
  • Optionetics Platinum - Primarily being an option trader, I don't see how you can get a better bang for the buck. I believe they offer a trial subsription, but if you don't know anything about options...save your money until you understand a few key concepts.
  • Wall Street Journal - Have it as my general reading
  • Investors Buisness Daily - Better than the general reading of the WSJ
What I've Read:
  • I'm going to post this is another section
Trading Demons I've battled with:
  • Undisciplined trading - No trading plan or lack of a system
  • Making trades on emotion - Boy that will kill ya
  • Hoping something will make a move - I hope it moves up today!
  • Praying something will make a move - "Lord, If you have it make a move in my way, I will never be an undisciplined trader again"
  • A belief in divine intelligence - "hey i was right before...damn I'm so smart"
  • Taking on positions that I don't fully understand
  • Lack of Money Management - "Lets put all the eggs in this basket"
  • Fighting the Market trend
  • I could go on and on.
I could go on and on, but this is good for a start. This blog should keep me honest, and I hope it can help some others along the way.

Fibonacci

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY!

Labels: ,

posted by Fibonacci_Trader @ 11:43 AM  
0 Comments:
<< Home
 
Site Links
Blogs I Read
About Me

Name: Fibonacci_Trader
Home: United States
About Me: Tryin to make that dollar, without losing my shirt
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Misc

Add to Technorati Favorites
Free Blogger Templates
Blink It
BLOGGER
Join the Investment Bloggers Group

© PrimalGreed