The Pursuit of Happyness - Book Review
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Hello Everyone,

I’m sure many of you have seen the movie “The Pursuit of Happyness” with Will Smith, but how many of you has read the book? I was looking for another easy read to keep my mind occupied during a recent flight. If any of you fly very often, you know that the delays between connecting flights can sometimes give you a few hours. Saying all that, I picked up “The Pursuit of Happyness” book by Chris Gardner.

I have to admit, I never knew anything about Chris Gardner before reading the book. I just knew it was suppose to be an inspirational story about a man, his struggles, and the climb up the stockbroker ladder into the hedge fund business.

I have yet to see the movie, but after reading the book I’m afraid I will be disappointed. About 75% of the beginning of the book gives an in-depth look at the struggles Mr. Gardner had early on in his life. Some of these struggles involve an abusive family unit, his mother in jail, and his on-going desire to unravel the mystery of his absent father.

The book also details not only Mr. Gardner’s family and personal struggles, but the social and racial struggles of the day. It provides a glimpse into a past that is really only a two or three decades ago.

The remaining 25% of the book details his struggles with becoming a stockbroker and living homeless. If studying for a Series Exam and living homeless is not enough, he is also forced with raising his infant/toddler son at the same time. The movie previews I’ve seen portrait his son as somewhat older, but the book provides a clearer picture.

I was truly amazed at the struggles Mr. Gardner endured and the determination he in accomplishing his dreams. Mr. Gardner is currently a multi-millionaire, and the fears of homelessness and his next meal are a thing of the past.

I great true success story! Check it out below:



Later, Fibonacci Shocked

Index for all blog postings

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY!

If you like the blog, visit the forum at www.Primalgreed.com Let's Network!

Labels: , ,

posted by Fibonacci_Trader @ 4:32 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Site Links
Blogs I Read
About Me

Name: Fibonacci_Trader
Home: United States
About Me: Tryin to make that dollar, without losing my shirt
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Misc

Add to Technorati Favorites
Free Blogger Templates
Blink It
BLOGGER
Join the Investment Bloggers Group

© PrimalGreed